Any thing Shot with a 5ds/r

Sporgon

5% of gear used 95% of the time
Canon Rumors Premium
Nov 11, 2012
Yorkshire, England
Eldar said:
This is the same image. Just for the example, since we have a couple of thousand posts about shadow noise, I have lifted shadows +100 in LR. (Highlights still a bit down). Everything else is default LR settings. Judge for yourselves.

Looks good to me. I've been playing with an Exmor alongside the Canon for a few weeks now, and if I could get the benefit of the desirable Exmor characteristics with those of the Canon ( ie the Canon being robust highlights, uncooked raws etc) I'd be very happy. Looks like this might be it.

Upvote 0
How about a bunny? While not my normal wildlife fair, he was posing so well in my yard tonight. I haven't had a chance to really put my 5dsr through its paces, but I'm very impressed so far with the image quality. I'm upgrading my full frame from a 5d Mark II to this and I find the noise levels great and I feel it represents the color better out of the gate.

With that being said, the autofocus does not seem as fast as my 7D Mark II. I know that's not the strength of this camera and I usually manually focus my landscapes anyway (have to with my tilt-shifts).

Overall, I feel its a very strong offering and perfect for what I need. I've attached a crop of the photograph. I wanted to post the full size but I'd have to set my JPG to 7 or less to get it uploaded! Didn't want to do that to see the quality of the capture.

It was taken with a 300/4LIS and 1.4x TC. Handheld w/ IS. 1/250 sec., 1600 iso.

:D

Attachments

• 112A0230-crop.jpg
    112A0230-crop.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 548
Upvote 0

dcm

Enjoy the gear you have!
Canon Rumors Premium
Apr 18, 2013
Colorado, USA
Thanks for posting your shots. I look forward to see more.

My next body purchase was planned for 2016 and this is certainly a real contender to go with my 6D from what I've seen so far since I don't shoot a lot of action. I'm no longer considering a 7D II, I'll keep the M3 as my only APS camera. I'd still like to see the new 1Dx II, 5D IV, and 6D II options before making a final decision - my original direction was a 1Dx. Maybe the body after next now.

Upvote 0
Just testing the high ISO of the 5DS R on subjects that it was not marketed to handle. :)

Chestnut Munia (Lonchura atricapilla) by alabang, on Flickr

The Chestnut Munia (Lonchura atricapilla) (formerly considered as a subspecies of the tricoloured munia Lonchura malacca atricapilla), also known as black-headed munia, is a small passerine bird. This estrildid finch is a resident breeding bird in Bangladesh, Brunei, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Burma, Nepal, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam and Hawaii.

Before 1995, it was the national bird of the Philippines,[2] where it is known as mayang pula ("red maya") because of its brick red patch on the lower back which is visible only when it flies. (This distinguishes it from other birds locally called maya, notably the predominantly brownish "mayang simbahan" (tree sparrow)[3] which is more common in urban areas.)

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chestnut_munia

Camera
Canon EOS 5DS R
Lens
Canon EF 800mm f/5.6L IS USM
Focal Length
800mm
Shutter Speed
1/320 s
Aperture
f/5.6
ISO/Film

Upvote 0

Yellow-vented bulbul (Pycnonotus goiavier) by alabang, on Flickr

The yellow-vented bulbul (Pycnonotus goiavier) is a member of the bulbul family of passerine birds. It is resident breeder in southeast Asia from southern Thailand and Cambodia south to Borneo and the Philippines. It is found in a wide variety of open habitats, but not deep forest. It is one of the most common birds in cultivated areas. They appear to be nomadic, roaming from place to place regularly.

The yellow-vented bulbul builds a well-camouflaged but fragile, loose, deep, cup-shaped nest from grass, leaves, roots, vine stems, and twigs. The nest is untidy on the outside, but it is neatly lined with plant fibers. It may be built in a wide range of places from low bushes to high trees. This is a species adapted to humans and may even nest in gardens. The yellow-vented bulbul lays 2–5 eggs in February to June.

The yellow-vented bulbuls eats berries and small fruits. They also sip nectar, nibble on young shoots, and take some insects.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow-vented_bulbul

Camera Canon EOS 5DS R
Lens Canon EF 800mm f/5.6L IS USM
Focal Length 800mm
Shutter Speed 1/200 s
Aperture f/5.6
ISO/Film 640

500px uncompressed: https://500px.com/photo/112583865/yellow-vented-bulbul-pycnonotus-goiavier-by-paolo-dolina?from=user_library

Upvote 0
I don´t have any landscapes yet, but here´s a seascape. Shot today at the beautiful Elafonisi beach, on the southwest coast of Crete. I have not had time to process anything properly, so this is just rushed through LR on my laptop. It is actually unfair to this camera to post full size pictures, since it is impossible to show the detail. So I´ll add one crop.
16-35 f4L IS; 1/500s, f6.3, ISO200

Attachments

• _23A0215.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 554
Upvote 0