Black and White Landscapes!

0eb18ed4.jpg

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Quasimodo said:
Kernuak said:
Quasimodo said:
Tusen Takk.

Du er hjertelig velkommen :) Liker som tidligere sagt komposisjonen, og de tonale overgangene er fine. Nesten så det skulle vært printet ut på stålplate!

My Norwegian is a little rusty to reply in Norwegian, but it is important for me that I get the composition right. I don't always manage it, but I liked how this turned out after the panic trying to get a good vantage point without trees in the way. For me, a B&W has to have a full tonal range and I'm not happy if my conversion is high key, even if it works for other people. I'm yet to print this one, but a similar image with less mist works really well printed in colour, as the mountain on the right is bathed in the warm dawn sunlight, although that is slightly obscured by the mist in this one. I try to build my style on a combination of composition and light, whenever I can.
One day I would like to return to Oslo and photograph what I should have done while living there, but it was in the long period without doing any photography.

Upvote 0
Kernuak said:
Quasimodo said:
Kernuak said:
Quasimodo said:
Kernuak said:

:) just saying that it would be cool to see it printed on steel :)

Beautiful composition and conversion
Tusen Takk.

Du er hjertelig velkommen :) Liker som tidligere sagt komposisjonen, og de tonale overgangene er fine. Nesten så det skulle vært printet ut på stålplate!

My Norwegian is a little rusty to reply in Norwegian, but it is important for me that I get the composition right. I don't always manage it, but I liked how this turned out after the panic trying to get a good vantage point without trees in the way. For me, a B&W has to have a full tonal range and I'm not happy if my conversion is high key, even if it works for other people. I'm yet to print this one, but a similar image with less mist works really well printed in colour, as the mountain on the right is bathed in the warm dawn sunlight, although that is slightly obscured by the mist in this one. I try to build my style on a combination of composition and light, whenever I can.
One day I would like to return to Oslo and photograph what I should have done while living there, but it was in the long period without doing any photography.

Upvote 0
Quasimodo said:
Kernuak said:
Quasimodo said:
Kernuak said:
Quasimodo said:
Kernuak said:

:) just saying that it would be cool to see it printed on steel :)

Beautiful composition and conversion
Tusen Takk.

Ah, thanks, stålplate was one of the few words I couldn't work out. I'd never have thought of printing on steel.

Upvote 0
scrappydog said:
Wow, lots of beautiful shots here. My landscape shots tend to be intimate in scale, as evidenced by this one.
I think if you boosted the blacks and the contrast, it would have a lot more impact. Perhaps reducing the exposure by half a stop too (so the whites don't get blown by the contrast boost). Rocks and white water can look quite impressive.

Upvote 0