Black & White

Just curious...what part of the world are you in?

I've never heard of "Bittermilk" cocktail mixer before...not sure what the other stuff is either.
I live in New Orleans...so, I'm NO stranger to a bar...haha.

Guessing somewhere outside the US?

cayenne
Sorry. Just saw this. I live in Saskatchewan, Canada. The picture was taken in Victoria, British Columbia.

Upvote 0
I feel the cold looking at this, and the solitude. When does spring bring change?

Thanks! Spring, ignoring its calendar date, usually appears sometime from the beginning to mid April. However this year is odd in that the weather's been unusually warm here with a real cold spell in January. We're predicted to be in plus temperatures through the coming week which will likely see all the snow off. Not good because there'll be low runoff from melting snow and we could be in for drought through the summer. Climate change is the most likely culprit.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Sporgon

5% of gear used 95% of the time
CR Pro
Nov 11, 2012
Yorkshire, England
Here's a shot that I took in October last year in Glen Coe, Scottish Highlands. It was taken from the Devil's Staircase on the 'Old Military Road' possibly now known as the Devil's Staircase because it's a steep point where the English army entered Glen Coe as part of the Glen Coe Massacre in 1692, although the army actually arrived just after the massacre of the MacDonalds had taken place. The mountain in the background is part of Buachaille Etive Mor, and the croft in the valley is known as Lagangarbh. Taken on Canon 5DS + 24-70 f/4IS L at 44mm @ 1/500 f/7.1, ISO 100 Beefree tripod
_MGL4916.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Upvote 0

YuengLinger

Print the ones you love.
CR Pro
Dec 20, 2012
USA
Wasn't sure how this would work before I framed it, as I was using the RF 70-200mm f/4 in a cramped space. There was just enough distance at 70mm to frame him and, at f/4, soften the foreground a bit. Anybody who says Canon doesn't offer amazing lenses for portraiture at an affordable price is just a keyboard jockey with no hands-on experience.

Seeing as he was trying hard to look cool, I thought of James Dean in black and white.

Attachments

• windowsill rr.jpg
    windowsill rr.jpg
    305.6 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0