Lenses and Locations for San Francisco Trip...

Jemlnlx

Itchy shutter finger...
CR Pro
Hi everyone

Next week I will be in San Francisco on business and should have some downtime (Most of the day Sunday and after 4-5 PM from Monday through Wednesday).

Any recommendations on lenses to bring? I have 16-35 f4, 24-70 f2.8, 100mm Macro, 70-200 f4 and Sigma 50 f1.4 ART. I could take the 24-70 and 70-200 to cover all focal lengths, but I usually take my 16-35 for city environments...

Besides the city area, I would love to grab some shots of the Golden Gate Bridge. Any recommendations for lenses and/or shooting locations are much appreciated. Any other areas of the city I should focus on during my limited time there?

Thanks
Jason

I like fort point, first I can always find parking there. You can go right under the bridge which it fun. I also like Lands end area. It is a nice short hike maybe a mile or more depending what you do. You can start at the legion of honors or I prefer the sutro baths and you can get a nice picture of ocean beach.
The other side of the bridge is nice too, the Marin headlands, that would be a good sunday trip.
I like 16-35 for city shots too and you might be able to get away with the 16-35 and 70-200.

Upvote 0

stevelee

FT-QL
CR Pro
Jul 6, 2017
Davidson, NC
timmy_650 said:
I like fort point, first I can always find parking there. You can go right under the bridge which it fun. I also like Lands end area. It is a nice short hike maybe a mile or more depending what you do. You can start at the legion of honors or I prefer the sutro baths and you can get a nice picture of ocean beach.
The other side of the bridge is nice too, the Marin headlands, that would be a good sunday trip.
I like 16-35 for city shots too and you might be able to get away with the 16-35 and 70-200.

I agree. Back in my film camera days when zoom lenses were slow, bulky, and not very good, I accumulated a variety of prime lenses. When I traveled, I took my 28mm, 85mm, and 200mm lens and could shoot anything I wanted to. Those two lenses cover that, and more. I got the camera and some lenses while I was in graduate school in Dallas. Shortly after I got the 28mm, my summer school class was called off for the day, so I hopped on the bus and went downtown with just that lens on the trusty FT-QL. It was perfect for everything I wanted to shoot. People kept modeling for me, assuming I was a pro, I guess. It was a fun day. I still have some nice 11" x 14" black-and-white prints I made from that shoot. I was stupid enough to set up a darkroom in my unairconditioned dorm room.

Upvote 0