Let's see some great shots taken with old, cheap gear!

Vacationing in Puerto Rico. Canon EOS 7N 35mm camera with the plastic fantastic EF 50mm f/1.8 II. First three images shot on Fujifilm Superia X-Tra 200 and the last one on Kodak Ektar 100. Crappy scan by Walgreens.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    900.1 KB · Views: 1,197
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    827.8 KB · Views: 1,224
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    983.4 KB · Views: 1,197
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,250
Upvote 0
José J. Soto said:
Vacationing in Puerto Rico. Canon EOS 7N 35mm camera with the plastic fantastic EF 50mm f/1.8 II. First three images shot on Fujifilm Superia X-Tra 200 and the last one on Kodak Ektar 100. Crappy scan by Walgreens.

You know why I love Superia? Because we could saturate the hell out of the colors & people go "wow, that looks awesome". & it does :)

A similar look replicated in lightroom draws "dude you blew out all the channels" from the crowd...

Upvote 0
Canon SX100 IS
11392870-lg.jpg

1_1277279351.jpg

Upvote 0
This is far from a great shot, but I think the Samsung Galaxy S3 handled the contrast rather well. The shadow noise is terrible, but who cares. I was somewhat distracted from having to drive, so busting out the ND grad filter was out of the question :eek: As the saying goes, the best camera is the one that you have with you ;D

20140904_194514-2.jpg

Upvote 0
V8Beast said:
verysimplejason said:
The Lone Isle
13973603210_b5cc7bd1e3_z.jpg

My goodness, that is one spectacular hunk of rock. Looks like it's about to tip over. Where was this image taken?

This is in Krabi Thailand but more specifically around that area. I've taken this while island-hopping. You can also reach this area via Phuket. This area is stunning not only in the morning but at night. I don't know how but I want to photograph the plankton in the evening. The water is lit with something like small fireflies. I wish I can go back. For other pics taken from this place, you can visit my flickr account. Thanks!

Upvote 0
privatebydesign said:
verysimplejason said:
I don't know how but I want to photograph the plankton in the evening. The water is lit with something like small fireflies. I wish I can go back. For other pics taken from this place, you can visit my flickr account. Thanks!

It is Bioluminescent bacteria.

It could be but most links if you google it will tell you that its bioluminescent phytoplankton. Going strictly by their definition, a phytoplankton is considered a plant while bacteria is well, a bacteria. :) Anyway, I hope to take their pictures once I returned. I just don't know if my 6D will be able to do it even with its high ISO capability.

Upvote 0