Meet Insta360 X4: Delivering 8K 360 for Unmatched Creative Possibility

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Insta360 is excited to announce its new, groundbreaking flagship camera: Insta360 X4. Much-anticipated 8K 360° video, plus 5.7K60fps and 4K100fps, add unparalleled image quality to the endless creative possibilities of 360° capture, including the ability to “shoot first, point later” and the Invisible Selfie Stick effect. X4 also doubles as a traditional action cam, with its Single-Lens Mode now

See full article...

Reactions: 1 user

koenkooi

CR Pro
Feb 25, 2015
The Netherlands
Canon has the prototype 360 / 180 camera.
If Canon can release this uear and everything can compete this X4.
It would be better than V10.
But I don\'t think Canon can sell 500usd for this. V10 is selling 399usd...
You need compelling software for this as well, does Canon have that? Insta/gopro/etc all have companion software for desktop and mobile to easily get impressive results out of the footage.
Judging from DPP4, Canon considers off-camera software an afterthought.

Upvote 0
May 30, 2017
You need compelling software for this as well, does Canon have that? Insta/gopro/etc all have companion software for desktop and mobile to easily get impressive results out of the footage.
Judging from DPP4, Canon considers off-camera software an afterthought.
I really don't think Canon can do a free software with this price.

Upvote 0
I have both the X3 and the V10. And I tend to use the V10 more. The X4 desperately needed 8K because the resolution is used to cover the entire sphere. My X3 had 5.7K which means for any given frame, the image was closer to 1080p than 4K. It was brutal how low res the video actually looked. And the footage was really embarrassing to mix in with my normal 4K footage. I will admit that it\'s fun to use the X3/X4 but once the novelty wears off, you realize that it\'s hard to actually use the footage. I take both the V10 and the X3 on trips and the V10 definitely integrates with other footage much better and it\'s true 4k versus the often sub 1080p of the X3.

All that said, the X4 has looked impressive in the demo footage we\'ve seen. If I can get someone to pay me decently for my X3, I might consider getting the X4.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Sep 20, 2020
You need compelling software for this as well, does Canon have that?
For people serious about VR, the Insta360 software is in the way.
For people casual about it, the Insta360 software is perfect.
They have had a hard time capturing the serious crowd while Canon did it instantly with the Dual Fisheye lens.
On the other hand, Powershots are not usually targetted at serious people.

Upvote 0
I do not think Canon needs to compete with Insta360 solely on price.
I also do not think Canon needs to sell as many as Inst360 does.
At least Canon prototype mention 8k 30p and 4k120p.
The size is the same as V10. I hope the sensor size is 1 inch.
I love X4 after watch youtube review but I heard X3 has many problems so I don't really trust the company from China.

The 360 view is good for family gathering.
V10 style doesn't need the tripod.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Have the x2 and will get the x4. Its a fun camera. Incredibly easy to use. Super easy to tag along for casual footage, water shots, rides and funny family stills. Stabilization is unbelievable. Editing has a learning curve, but software has improved.

I used a X2 for a year, was great! However I felt it was lacking in low light performance (which I needed).

The software was good, but pretty sure it's improved a lot since. Many users, more R&D budget. Insta360 did a stellar job with this line-up imho. Easy to use, lots of power-features to make your life easy. Wish Canon would invest in similar ways in their software suite, which feels dated and clunky by comparison.

Upvote 0