Miscellaneous Wildlife

Aug 10, 2021
I had no intention of photograping this Bobcat, and was actually taken by surprise, as it's the first time seeing one of these in my area.
My settings were all dialed-in for birds-in-flight (and it was dark), so this was grossly underexposed.
However, thought I'd post just for the heck of it. Now I will have something new to try and photograph seriously. :)

View attachment 215021
You have all the luck! I have never seen one outside of a zoo! Even underexposed, you edited it well. Out of curiosity, could you post an unedited version?

Upvote 0

danfaz

Coffee Fiend
Jul 14, 2015
www.1fineklick.com
You have all the luck! I have never seen one outside of a zoo! Even underexposed, you edited it well. Out of curiosity, could you post an unedited version?
Thanks, Eric! I might mess with it some more, see if I can anything better.
I have attached an unedited jpeg for you.

EOS R5_4294.jpg

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
I had no intention of photographing this Bobcat, and was actually taken by surprise, as it's the first time seeing one of these in my area.
My settings were all dialed-in for birds-in-flight (and it was dark), so this was grossly underexposed.
However, thought I'd post just for the heck of it. Now I will have something new to try and photograph seriously. :)

View attachment 215021
"Now I will have something new to try and photograph seriously." - Good luck:)! I can't count the cases when I have seen something rare and didn't take a good photo. I'm pretty stubborn when it's about wildlife: like visiting the habitat many times in hope it may happen again... In few rare cases it was worth to do it! Just few out of many...
Wish you success! On other hand if you don't try you may waste that "few rare cases" were you have the second chance!

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

danfaz

Coffee Fiend
Jul 14, 2015
www.1fineklick.com
"Now I will have something new to try and photograph seriously." - Good luck:)! I can't count the cases when I have seen something rare and didn't take a good photo. I'm pretty stubborn when it's about wildlife: like visiting the habitat many times in hope it may happen again... In few rare cases it was worth to do it! Just few out of many...
Wish you success! On other hand if you don't try you may waste that "few rare cases" were you have the second chance!
Thank you, my friend! I have challenged myself to capture this creature again! :cool:

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
@ISv whilst looking for Bobcat tracks this morning (I found a few!), I spotted this Beaver having a swim:
View attachment 215065

View attachment 215066
@danfaz, back in the time there was a report of Peregrine hanging on the tall buildings of Waikiki. Whilst looking for it I got this nice photo ( :ROFLMAO:)... and no even small feather from Peregrine! You are better - you found at least a tracks from the Bobcat!
;)

Passer domesticus - House Sparrow male 5_DxO.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0
Very colorful, and lots of detail!
Thanks Dan.

At my age getting some of those shots on the break wall was probably comical to anyone watching. Old guy climbing around to get at the same level of these guys was a real trick but worth it when I looked at the images.

And I almost ended up swimming in the bay just once.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0