R Series Rear Lenscap

axtstern

EOS M(ediochre)
Jun 12, 2012
Am I the only one who starts to hate the new rear lenscap design?
I fiddle arround with it in daylight but I get desperate in low light situations,
meanwhile I just throw the lenses without a cap in the bag if under pressure.

Almost ironic fact: The R rear lenscaps fit perfectly easy on the EF lenses.

Reactions: 1 user
I hate it. 100%. But my main question is, WHY? Like honestly. Why was it changed? There has to be a reason. It's worse in every way but aesthetic I guess.
The RF mount itself is no longer rotational symetric, the EF mount was close enough that the lens caps would fit in all 3 orientations. Since Canon does not want any confusion when it comes to mounting the wrong type of lens to wrong body, we're stuck with those blasted end caps.

Upvote 0
All fine but why not making a bit fat notch on the cap and a a more subtle little red exalted mark on the lens.

Ah let me answer that for myself, in three years we need some reason to buy the II versions of the lenses

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
The RF mount itself is no longer rotational symetric, the EF mount was close enough that the lens caps would fit in all 3 orientations. Since Canon does not want any confusion when it comes to mounting the wrong type of lens to wrong body, we're stuck with those blasted end caps.
So this is to help prevent accidental damage to the mounts? At least there is a technical reason. I guess then my next overblown outrage would be over improving the markings and such. Since it has to be so exact. Thank you for the explanation, it drives me nuts every time I swap lenses.

Upvote 0