Ready for the total solar eclipse? Save on solar lens filters at Adorama

I just received some of the mylar/cardboard solar filters, so I gave one a try. Here is a shot with my EF 100-400 at 400mm.Sun 3:24:24 copy.jpg
Here is a crop of it.
Sun Crop 3:24:24.jpeg
These are SOOC, so for cheap filters the results are better than I expected.
Now we'll just see if the weather cooperates.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
We were lucky – clear skies and a great show in northern Vermont. Pics of the actual eclipse are still in my camera, and we’re still about 4 hours from home thanks to stop-and-go traffic

I used the R3 with the EF 600/4 II + 1.4xIII, and a Baader ASTF 140 solar filter, except during the totality. I pre-set a 7-shot AE bracket covering a 12-stop range, and triggered with the BR-E1 remote.

Looking forward to processing and posting some images. Some quick chimping after the totality (when I was back to taking a set of shots every 5 min), captures some nice prominence and diamond ring shots.

Since one press of the remote fires the full bracket series, I was able to enjoy the totality with family and others around – it was very cool. Dark enough that the town street lights came on.

IMG_9570.jpeg
(Cropped edge of a family shot with the iPhone UWA camera, thus the distorted 600/4.)

Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
We were lucky – clear skies and a great show in northern Vermont. Pics of the actual eclipse are still in my camera, and we’re still about 4 hours from home thanks to stop-and-go traffic

I used the R3 with the EF 600/4 II + 1.4xIII, and a Baader ASTF 140 solar filter, except during the totality. I pre-set a 7-shot AE bracket covering a 12-stop range, and triggered with the BR-E1 remote.

Looking forward to processing and posting some images. Some quick chimping after the totality (when I was back to taking a set of shots every 5 min), captures some nice prominence and diamond ring shots.

Since one press of the remote fires the full bracket series, I was able to enjoy the totality with family and others around – it was very cool. Dark enough that the town street lights came on.

View attachment 215880
(Cropped edge of a family shot with the iPhone UWA camera, thus the distorted 600/4.)
I'm looking forward to seeing what you'll upload!

Upvote 0