Spectacular Canon Cinema EOS C700 Production for SWISS Int. Airlines

neuroanatomist said:
douglaurent said:
neuroanatomist said:
douglaurent said:
A great short 1080p film. That shows exactly nothing about the quality of the C700 camera itself.

What about the post gave you the idea that it was supposed to show anything whatsoever about the quality of the C700, the C300 II, or the GoPro cameras used to shoot the production? Or did you just feel like making a snarky comment?

I got the idea this post might have been about the quality of this new Canon camera, as we are on a Canon equipment website, and the title read "Spectacular Canon Cinema EOS C700 Production". What we saw was spectacular content, but not a spectacular camera performance, as it could have been produced with a dozen other cameras and looked the same.

So you read the title as, "Spectacular Canon Cinema EOS C700 used in Production for SWISS Int. Airlines." Got it.

I figured it was better to read the title as written, along with the content:

Canon Rumors said:
There are a few things in this world I wish I had the skills to accomplish, and this sort of cinematography is definitely one of them. After watching the production 10 or so times, I figured we’d share it.

The LAUSCHSICHT team sent us their latest project shot on Canon’s latest Cinema EOS camera, the C700. Along with the C700, a Canon Cinema EOS C300 Mark II (and a few GoPro’s) were used to make this spectacular air show production for SWISS Int. Airlines.

Thanks for backing my opinion with these facts. The film team intentionally did send their film to this Canon Rumors website, because it was made with the Canon C700. But nowhere in this 1080p video you can see any special quality of the C700 or something that dozens of other cameras couldn't have delivered in the same way. Only the spectacular scenes trick people into thinking that it must be a spectacular camera. There's nothing that can be discussed here at this point about the product, not even a possible rolling shutter advantage of the C700 as none of the scenes are suitable to see it. A Making Of film could have been giving more insights.

Upvote 0
douglaurent said:
Thanks for backing my opinion with these facts. The film team intentionally did send their film to this Canon Rumors website, because it was made with the Canon C700. But nowhere in this 1080p video you can see any special quality of the C700 or something that dozens of other cameras couldn't have delivered in the same way. Only the spectacular scenes trick people into thinking that it must be a spectacular camera. There's nothing that can be discussed here at this point about the product, not even a possible rolling shutter advantage of the C700 as none of the scenes are suitable to see it. A Making Of film could have been giving more insights.

I'm sorry that your misunderstanding of the point of the post has made you feel 'tricked'.

Upvote 0
douglaurent said:
But nowhere in this 1080p video you can see any special quality of the C700 or something that dozens of other cameras couldn't have delivered in the same way.

Which is true for most, if not all, promotional material for any camera (but the Huawei P9...) - given the skills of those behind the camera(s) often matter a lot - sometimes more than the gear used. In this situation, also the skills of those in front of the camera...

And yes, being shot with a Canon camera it was sent to a Canon-related site - should they have sent it to a Sony or Alexa site?

Anyway, still you miss the original post meaning - the video is spectacular on its own, regardless of the camera choice. And being able to setup and perform this kind of shooting is appealing too on its own.

Sure, the fact it was made with some Canon cameras (as well as GoPro) is still a good promotion for Canon (Canon Switzerland supported the filming).

Feel free to tell the makers what you think about their choice here: http://www.lauschsicht.com/c-series-patrouille-suisse-airshow-behind-the-scenes/, maybe they will answer you...

Upvote 0
LDS said:
douglaurent said:
But nowhere in this 1080p video you can see any special quality of the C700 or something that dozens of other cameras couldn't have delivered in the same way.

Which is true for most, if not all, promotional material for any camera (but the Huawei P9...) - given the skills of those behind the camera(s) often matter a lot - sometimes more than the gear used. In this situation, also the skills of those in front of the camera...

And yes, being shot with a Canon camera it was sent to a Canon-related site - should they have sent it to a Sony or Alexa site?

Anyway, still you miss the original post meaning - the video is spectacular on its own, regardless of the camera choice. And being able to setup and perform this kind of shooting is appealing too on its own.

Sure, the fact it was made with some Canon cameras (as well as GoPro) is still a good promotion for Canon (Canon Switzerland supported the filming).

Feel free to tell the makers what you think about their choice here: http://www.lauschsicht.com/c-series-patrouille-suisse-airshow-behind-the-scenes/, maybe they will answer you...

I'd like to film their immediate reaction upon reading his email...with a C700 of course ;D The images won't be as spectacular as the airshow but they would be humorous!

Upvote 0
LDS said:
larjon said:
Were this the same air planes that hit the cable cam last Friday at the S:t Moritz alpine world ski championships (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ws0vxsu608Q)?

It was still the Patrouille Suisse, but not on the Northrop F-5 used in the promotional video, they were flying another type of plane (Pilatus PC-7), used for training.

These are two distinct teams

Upvote 0