The first SIGMA RF lens arrives in July, more in Q4 of 2024

koenkooi

CR Pro
Feb 25, 2015
The Netherlands
It doesn't have to be, it's implied that most people want 3rd party AF lenses as manual is a niche. People who are a bit too attached to brand X love being deliberately obtuse though.
Sounds a lot like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_Scotsman

If someone chooses unclear and overly broad language, it shouldn’t be a surprise when that causes problems. Don’t blame the receiver for that, with remarks like ‘deliberately obtuse’!

That doesn’t preclude me from being deliberately obtuse, though :)

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
I'd really like some of their full frame lenses released too (particularly the I series primes). Just found it funny people demanded 3rd party lenses, Canon delivered, and they just moved the goalposts and kept complaining.
Already on PetaP/DPR/Youtube/my friends' telegram group. They move the goalposts to 3rd party Full-frame zooms.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Is it April 1st? This is great news!

The ship has already sailed on the possibility of me buying into full frame Canon. But when the time comes to replace my M50, the availability of these lenses from Sigma and Tamron brings RF-S back into the picture as an option I will be considering.

Thank you Canon, for listening to your customers. And please keep bringing in more lens brands.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

koenkooi

CR Pro
Feb 25, 2015
The Netherlands
  • Haha
Upvote 0

koenkooi

CR Pro
Feb 25, 2015
The Netherlands
Is it April 1st? This is great news!

The ship has already sailed on the possibility of me buying into full frame Canon. But when the time comes to replace my M50, the availability of these lenses from Sigma and Tamron brings RF-S back into the picture as an option I will be considering.

Thank you Canon, for listening to your customers. And please keep bringing in more lens brands.
I do find the prospect of having both the EF-M 56mm f/1.4 and the RF(-S) 56mm f/1.4 a bit extra ;)

Upvote 0
Finally this is a great news today and not a rumor.
Another side, Canon tells the market that they would not release many APSC lens (it seems the same as M mount). I still hope they can release EF-M 28mm f/3.5 Macro IS STM again for R mount because it has light to take food photo.

Some haters don't face the truth that Canon APSC market is the biggest.
Canon allows third party now. It can expend their market.
And Canon can focus on FF lens because they still have many lens have not released.

Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0
Already on PetaP/DPR/Youtube/my friends' telegram group. They move the goalposts to 3rd party Full-frame zooms.
If Canon doesn't limit 15fps, what do they think?
:ROFLMAO:

We just wait or some website can interview Sigma to ask what kinds of limit for R mount

If sigma lens can fully support Canon C70, it is good for super 35mm also

Upvote 0
Why do we need a Sigma 24/1.4 when there's a Canon 24/1.4 coming? Why a Sigma 30/1.4 when there's a Canon 35/1.4? Why a Sigma 56/1.4 when there's a 50/1.4? The lenses I'd have liked to see are the ones COMPLIMENTARY to Canon (e.g., 28/1.4) not those that are kind of me-toos.

30mm isn't 35mm and 50mm isn't 56mm, but I get your point, it is close. I suspect (or, more accurately, hope) there will be a substantial price difference :).

The 16/1.4 is the biggest one for me. The 16/1.4 + M50II was great for video. The R50 + 16/1.4 will be even better as the R50 has better features. The UVC/UAC support (though only 1080P) that makes it very convenient to use for streaming (or with your 4K capture card if you wish).

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0