The RF 24-105mm f/2.8L IS USM Z won’t be the last RF PowerZoom lens

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
Canon Rumors Premium
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Canon announced the RF 24-105mm f/2.8L IS USM Z last week with a lot of fanfare. With that lens came two PowerZoom accessories, the PZ-E2 and PZ-E2B. The latter utilizes the 20pin port with allows it to work with compatible Canon cinema and broadcast accessories. Over the weekend we were told that the RF 24-105mm

See full article...

Reactions: 1 user
Somehow this sounds like Canon is trying to get more videogs into the R system instead of the competition as the dedicated cine line-up seems to be too expensive.
Could this a plan that those two should merge closer together? :unsure:
OTOH, it still seems quite expensive... :unsure:
For me the portability is more important, size and weight. But it seems that Canon has already addressed that segment well enough in their opinion with the existing line-up of RF lenses.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Glass half full for the photographers and casual videographers aka content creators is they can avoid paying for the 1K gadget till it's cheaper or needed.
Looking at both C of R5C & Z attributes, my impression is Canon is trying to repurpose their photo gear to a more seriouse video gear but not quite there for a co-existing workhorses. In a bigger picture, they are planing for tiktok vs. Instagram kind of scenario.

I still think there are too many letters on such products; could be an indication of several sub group hierarchy they have in their company.

Upvote 0