Canon’s upcoming announcements recap

yes, the IDXiii will still be available for purchase for some time to come just as the 5Div is still available but the range is pretty small now.
I am guessing that some R3 users will upgrade to R1 as well... or maybe the R3 will be phased out over time as a separate product line :)
I was checking a pro dealer website here in Denmark just this morning, and was surprised to find three R3's listed in their Used department (30.000DKK / €4.000 / USD4.280). State of wear look identical, so I can only assume that it's the same (pro) user that decided to unload their R3s.

I don't see a lot of RF lenses listed, so my take is that they are moving away from the R3 to another RF body. But which one? Could it be that Canon DK has contractually obligated them to deliver R1s by >>x<<?

Upvote 0
Jan 22, 2012
Thank you for correcting my misconception about the R5c
:) I take it that you checked the menus online. R5c is a beast of a camera, a camera that I greatly admire. The menu system is a beast too with a huge learning curve. Besides the complex menu, it also has permutations and combinations - if you select some resolution, some features are automatically disabled and the same for focus etc. This makes things tougher. So a person needs to learn the camera before working on it.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0