Canon Japan teases a new vlogging camera

LSXPhotog

Automotive, Commercial, & Motorsports
CR Pro
Apr 2, 2015
Tampa, FL
www.diossiphotography.com
The R50 is kicking and screaming for a vlog lens as it's superior in every way to the M50....

Canon: let's release yet another camera. haha

I love that this is at least a peculiar form factor...what if it's a vloging focused larger sensor gimbal camera that can track faces and has good directional audio? hmmmmm The G7X II (not the III, which was apparently an inferior camera) is still selling in good numbers and probably the most popular "vlog" camera I see at the theme parks at least.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Jun 27, 2013
Pune
The R50 is kicking and screaming for a vlog lens as it's superior in every way to the M50....

Canon: let's release yet another camera. haha

I love that this is at least a peculiar form factor...what if it's a vloging focused larger sensor gimbal camera that can track faces and has good directional audio? hmmmmm The G7X II (not the III, which was apparently an inferior camera) is still selling in good numbers and probably the most popular "vlog" camera I see at the theme parks at least.

Even Vixia Mini is a popular among vloging crowd and it has been discontinued for ages at this point.

Upvote 0

H. Jones

Photojournalist
Aug 1, 2014
My wildest hope is that the C200 mark II somehow gets snuck into an announcement around that time... We're itching to replace the C200s at my job, but we really would prefer to maintain SDI outputs that the C200 uses, so the C70 isn't super practical. But if they wait much longer to announce it, we'll probably just have to use the budget on C70s.

Upvote 0