Canon adapter falling off

I have an R8 and a Canon adapter that I use with my Sigma 150-600. Twice now, the lens and adapter has fallen off, thankfully I was holding it both times. I played around with it a bit, and noticed that just a slight touch to the button on my R8 will disengage the adapter, then I think while zooming it loosens itself, then happened to come off those 2 times. This is so scary! First time I thought it was some weird fluke, but now that it happened twice, this needs rectified. Has anyone had this issue? I am going to contact Canon, just wanted to see if anyone else has had this happen.

Del Paso

M3 Singlestroke
CR Pro
Aug 9, 2018
I'm using mine almost exclusively, since I own only a few RF lenses but many EF lenses. 3 adapters, with or without ring, not a single issue.
Are you sure the camera bayonet isn't faulty, and not the adapter?
Maybe the little spring which engages the pin into the adapter is a bit week? I'd test with another adapter or an RF lens to be sure. :)

Upvote 0
I'm using mine almost exclusively, since I own only a few RF lenses but many EF lenses. 3 adapters, with or without ring, not a single issue.
Maybe the little spring which engages the pin into the adapter is a bit week? I'd test with another adapter or an RF lens to be sure. :)
I will look into that soon more. It seems fine with my RF 24-70. I have to fully press the button before it will let me turn it, unlike with the adapter. I just press it slightly and the 150-600 can turn. I will try it with my friends adapter, and see if it does the same thing. It is just so strange, and I am so lucky I happened to be holding the lens both times it happened.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
I will look into that soon more. It seems fine with my RF 24-70. I have to fully press the button before it will let me turn it, unlike with the adapter. I just press it slightly and the 150-600 can turn. I will try it with my friends adapter, and see if it does the same thing. It is just so strange, and I am so lucky I happened to be holding the lens both times it happened.
is that canon factory basic adapter? or some third party ones?

Also if it's me I will try to just put the adapter alone onto the camera and try to turn it, it should show whether it's with the heavy sigma lens or the adapter itself is the issue and with adapter only you can observe more on how much play the adapter itself have

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
is that canon factory basic adapter? or some third party ones?

Also if it's me I will try to just put the adapter alone onto the camera and try to turn it, it should show whether it's with the heavy sigma lens or the adapter itself is the issue and with adapter only you can observe more on how much play the adapter itself have
The adapter is a Canon one. Good idea trying it alone, I will give it a shot. Thank you for your feedback!

Upvote 0